cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
modonnell97
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Smart hub 2 dropping out

Where do I start? I've been with BT for 2 years not had many issues at all beginning of February I started getting dropping out on my line enginers have came got a new hub still no fix after 8-10 visits have had 2 new hubs 1st one was faulty 2nd one was still dropping out I've had a new line sorted in my house through the engineers all tests are coming back fine for them they dont know what to do now but I'm still being dropped out constantly can anyone please help me?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Smart hub 2 dropping out

@modonnell97 

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
modonnell97
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

I don't have a house phone the last 10 engineers have done all the tests changed the line installed a new line the full lot still issue continues 

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

@modonnell97 wrote:

I don't have a house phone the last 10 engineers have done all the tests changed the line installed a new line the full lot still issue continues 

The line test cannot show a high resistance connection which will cause noise and disconnections.

There are quite a few people that do not plug a house phone in to check dial tone every so often. This can cause issues with broadband. Also, if one wire has become disconnected (quite common), then that will cause no broadband,  constant disconnections, or a very low speed.

The solution is to get hold of a cheap (less than £10) wired phone, and plug it into the phone socket to see if you get dial tone.

Then dial 17070 (free call)  and select option 2, quiet line test, and see if there is any noise on the line.

If you do not get dial tone, or there is noise on the line, then you need to report it as either no dial tone, or a noisy line. Do not mention the broadband problem, otherwise it will end up in the wrong fault queue, and take much longer to be fixed. There are plenty of people who can fix phone faults, but not as many broadband people.

Once the phone fault is fixed, then the broadband will get better.

Matt-S
Moderator-Retired
Message 5 of 5

Hi @modonnell97,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post.

When the connection drops do the hub lights change colour?

It's also a good idea to check if there is noise on the line using a cheap phone as @Keith_Beddoe has suggested.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings