Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robolowski
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Smart hub . Blue light on ,no internet.

Go to solution
Hi
So the headache with smart hub started this morning . Basically no internet for any devices whether wired or wireless.
Solid blue light on ...no joy .
I had gone through app and troubleshooting performed right to the end of it , which included power off hub of the mains for several minutes and 4 full factory reset.
Still no joy...
I then rang customer service . 45min + on the phone following all the steps and yet another 2 factory resets .
No joy!
At that time I was informed that an engineer needs to check what is going on , and I was given the nearest date for ... Bloody Thursday! Seriously??!!
I call that rather unacceptable , and long time waiting .
I had never experienced this before with Vodafone , where a fault was fixed withing 2 days with plenty apologies in between , not to mention a faster speed in overall by 7 Mbs/s with exactly same package I am on with BT . Yet silly excuses given that I get minimum guaranteed speeds and so nothing can be done. . .
Let me remind You , Lovely BT . You own those rotten cables and it is time to move on and end this poor performance and replace the whole infrastructure to keep up with demand .
Anyway, I feel that likely the smart hub has failed and it would be quicker to just send new one out than wait for someone to turn up eventually in the most inconvenient time and threat that I may be charged for ...blah blah blah . It is just sad .
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Smart hub . Blue light on ,no internet.

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

This is only a customer to customer help  forum.

It could be the home hub, or it could be an issue in the cabinet. As you have a blue light, then its not likely to be the cable pair, however its worth checking to see if you have a noisy line.

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

Do you have another home hub or VDSL router you can try?

0 Ratings
robolowski
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks
No noise on the line at all .
Strange thing is , internet has come back on again around midnight?! Shall I cancel engineer visit then ?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@robolowski wrote:
Thanks
No noise on the line at all .
Strange thing is , internet has come back on again around midnight?! Shall I cancel engineer visit then ?

It was probably just a network issue, did you look at the online service status when you had the problem?

I would cancel the visit.

robolowski
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Yes services were running fine .
0 Ratings
Highlighted
mirrors90
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

I had the same yesterday - are you in Stockport by any chance?

I too had the same experience, and cancelled my Thursday appointment!

0 Ratings
robolowski
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
No . I Am in Weymouth .
0 Ratings