cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mustafa_Islam
Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Smart hub flashing purple/pink light again!!

Go to solution
This has happened once before, about 2 weeks ago! We have had a new hh6 sent and used a new dsl cable too last time. The issue has risen again. We had work done to our house months ago and the Internet was working fine but all of a sudden in the past two weeks the connection has dropped twice! This is unacceptable and a breach of contract!

I have tried the quiet line test and it recognised my line as a complete different number! The landline works so there can’t be anything wrong with my line can there?
Which ever engineer messed around at the cabinet last has done something majorly wrong and as a result we have not internet!
I want a mod to look into this. I don’t want to pay no £130 stupid engineer fee when I know my wiring is fine.

Thank you
16 REPLIES 16
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: Smart hub flashing purple/pink light again!!

Go to solution

you need to phone 151 and report your phone fault if doing the quiet line test the number is not yours.  if you have problems reporting to CS ten post back and see if modss can help but even after completing the form for mods it will be 2/3 working days before mods get back to you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Mustafa_Islam
Contributor
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution
I can’t call 151, when I call it says I recognised number, I have tried other numbers too, only 17070 works.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

can you not use youe mobile as call free 0800 800 151

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Mustafa_Islam
Contributor
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution
I didn’t know there was a different number for phones, I used my data and went on the online chat, an engineer has been booked but it is a few days away when we need the internet urgently now to submit assignments and have important calls.
He said he couldn’t get an earlier urgent engineer. We are paying for this service and it’s going to be out for over 3 days! Last time it was out for 2 days. Terrible service from BT. Never had an issue like this with virgin for over 5 years. Complete bull
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

it's just a typical residential connection and repair timescale but if you want a better quicker service then you need a business connection with a better SLA - and higher cost obviously

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Mustafa_Islam
Contributor
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution
So I have to wait until Tuesday next week to get this problem fixed which isn’t my fault? And I’m paying £40 a month for the internet and phone to be down for over 5 days in a single month.
Yes that’s very good business.
Contributor
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution
My persistent trying and valid points got me an engineer the next day. Hopefully he fixed all the issues completely.
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution
Hello again, after 9 days the issue has come back! The smart hub is on solid pink light. This is getting ridiculous. This needs a mod now. Am I a fool to be paying £40 a month for a service to go down 3 times in a month?
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

Has your phone stopped working? No dial tone?

0 Ratings