cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Smart hub solid orange light. No internet

Go to solution

Hi

Im a newcomer to bt community but have been a customer for many years and need a bit of help.

In march this year my smart hub went into fixed orange lockdown. An open reach engineer came out checked everything my end and said everything fine and that it was a problem at the BT end. 

He contacted BT who made some adjustments (what I dont know).Blue light came back on and all up and running again. 

On the 21st May same problem again. Engineer came out yesterday 26th May. Did all checks. Once again all fine my end. Said it was problem at BT end. 

He contacted BT who told him all settings were jumbled at their end due to an order for an upgrade in November 2019 which was cancelled February 2020 and that they would need until close of play yesterday to sort it out. 

This morning still fixed orange light plus I had never placed an order for an upgrade in November 2019 so I dont have a clue what is going on. 

One thing I forgot to say is that I spoke to a guy  at BT last night and was told it was probably a faulty  smarthub  and that  he would  send me a new smart hub 2 which would sort my problem out 100%. Hub is due by royal mail tomorrow. 

I seriously doubt it as my engineer was told that it was a problem with line settings. 

Has anyone any ideas what I should do next? 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Smart hub solid orange light. No internet

Go to solution

@keithr3 

What Fibre product do you currently pay for?  Should be on your bills.

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

did you try a factory reset of the hub by pressing the recessed button on back and holding 20/30 secs until the lights flash

remember turn off smart setup after the restart

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Hi. 

Its superfast fibre unlimited. 

I have a bit of an update from the openreach engineer who chased it up today. 

Apparently it is being dealt with by BT wholesale who say itwill take from 48 to 72 hours to fix. 

It seems as if the order was an internal order  to openreach to migrate some cables not an order from me and somehow my line was missed. 

All I can do now is wait and see what happens in the next few days

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hi imjolly

Yes Ive done factory reset a couple of times on instructions from openreach engineer. No change. Still comes back to solid orange light. 

Will just have to wait 72 hours to see what happens and then if no joy I will have to escalate it to the next level. 

Can anyone advise the best way to do this if necessary? 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Post back after waiting time is not fixed and we can take it from there

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Latest information

I was pretty annoyed the other night so I emailed Richard Jansen and asked him if he could get someone to sort my problem asap as nothing seemed to be happening. I received a quick email reply from his secretary saying Richard had tasked her with getting it sorted. A little later I received a phone call from a lady at BT who had been assigned as my case handler. 

The latest is that open reaches network has no fault but the problem lies with BT Wholesale. 

Apparently BTW were moving the circuit to an intermediate alternative VLAN to correct the records issue and that a further move will be done on monday

I was also assured the problem should be sorted by monday. I havent a clue what all that means. I will just have to wait and see what happens monday. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Quick update. Problem finally fixed. How and why I have no idea. All I know is that Tuesday mid afternoon my hub got its blue light back and everything is now working. So after 2 weeks I now have Internet again. 

I would like to thank Louise at BT executive complaints who took control of my case and helped me by supplying a 4G mini hub to keep me online and arranged a refund for the time I had without my service. 

If you read this forum "Thanks Louise your help is really appreciated"

0 Ratings