Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
justmitch
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 49

Smart hum 2

help me please someone.

after having 6 yes 6 open reach engineers out to look at my Broadband speed I’m still having problems 

it started in September with my speeds going up and down so hence 6 engineers calling out .

first two only to check the line was ok next 4 to do work on the line from Green box to cut they ended up going to every ground box to replace the connectors and a new line into my house 

after getting we well over my Guaranteed 32 meg 
as all this going on over the weeks it was suggested I get the new smart hub 2 at a cost of £200 so I did 

so now with a new smart hub 2 and well over 32 meg I’m happy BUT all not well I still have to keep rebooting the new hub it’s ok for a day if I’m lucky but then the speeds keep dropping back down to around 27 ish megs so reboot it’s ok back up to around 44 then after a day back down to 27 ish and so on 

please can someone tell me what’s going on 

justmitch 

0 Ratings
48 REPLIES 48
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 49

Re: Smart hum 2

Post stats from hub. Advanced settings then technical log information 

enter phone number and post results remember delete number.  https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Check for line noise dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
justmitch
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 49

SOGEA Availability DateLeft in Jumper  High Low High Low        Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)WBC FTTP Availability Date

ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date
Left in JumperObserved SpeedsVDSLOther Offerings

Availability Date

Premise environmentStatus
VDSL Range A (Clean)48.9357.85.530.5AvailableAvailable-- 
VDSL Range B (Impacted)47.2307.8525AvailableAvailable-- 
FTTP on Demand33030--Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 9--8 to 9.5Available--Yes 
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 9Up to 18 to 9.5Available--Yes 
ADSL MaxUp to 8--7 to 8Available---- 
WBC Fixed Rate2 ----Available--Yes 
Fixed Rate2 ----Available---- 
Max Observed Downstream Speed (Mbps)40.95     
Max Upstream Observed Speed (Mbps)8.6     
Observed Date2019-12-03     
VDSL Multicast------Available---- 
ADSL Multicast------Available---- 
Bridge TapN      
VRIN      
NTEFaceplateN      
Last Test Date27-11-2019      

FTTP is not available.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line is on a Market A Exchange.

For VDSL or G.fast Ranges A and B, the term "Clean" relates to a line which is free from any wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions, and the term "Impacted" relates to a line which may have wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 17-Jun-2014; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact the Broadband supplier they want to take service from to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number, NAD, UPRN or Access Line ID (ALID) check.

Note: If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service.

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
justmitch
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 49

Hi
Thank you for help .but to be honest I haven’t a clue what I’m looking for can you help me further please
0 Ratings
justmitch
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 49

Thank you for reply but I haven’t a clue what I’m looking for or at
0 Ratings
justmitch
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 49

Done line test silent