cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 49

Smart hub 2

Why does my by hub keep getting slower speeds over a day when I’m getting a good speed coming into the house 

it’s not just over Wi-fi  it is the same over wired just gets slower and slower over a day so have to keep rebooting 

pits a brand new hub 

had 6 openreach engineers out 

justmitch

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 49

Re: Smart hub 2

if you keep resetting the sh2 daily then the DLM will start to increase your noise margin and reduce your connection speed and if you then continue you will end up in banded profile

is your connection speed dropping during the day?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 49

Hi 

thank you for reply 

what is the answer please if not to keep rebooting it ?

its just dropping at any time day or night last night I rebooted it and was getting 45 by this morning it has gone down to 27 I’m guaranteed 32 

I have had 6 openreach engineers out and they have done all they can do they say 

last guy spoke about rain engineers to look at it but can’t see but doing that 

why if I reboot does it go back to 45 etc is that saying but are supplying me with 45 then it’s the router that is dropping it down to 27 I have tried different routers but all do the same 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 49

Its the connection speed that is guaranteed, not the download speed.

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

Please could you show the connection detail from the home hub.

As you are using the BT Smart hub you can get your connection stats by, Opening a new web browser on your connected device and type 192.168.1.254 or bthomehub.home into the address bar. This will open the Hub Manager.  Click Advanced Settings’ and then ‘Technical log’

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 15 of 49

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 49

@justmitch 

There was no need to start a new thread, as its only confusing things, so I have merged your two threads.

The page you posted showing your connections speed is unreadable.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 49

Hi
Sorry you will have to forgive me I’m 70 and not up with all this
All I know is they told me I’m guaranteed 32 and if it drops below that it’s not right and they send out a small hub which they did and after the 6th engineer had Ben and said it was ok they turned smallhub of
I still don’t understand why when I reboot the hub I get 45 but after some time it goes down to 27 is that saying there is still something wrong with the line because when I ask them to check the line it’s saying I’m getting well over 45
So is it the router or bt line causing the problem
And when the last engineer came out he went right back to green box and checked all the underground connectors right back to my house

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 49

Sorry I’m not sure about all this as I’m 70 and trying to understand how it all works
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 49

CHECKER
Telephone Numbeon Exchange MORETON IN MARSH is served by Cabinet 1
Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

Left in Jumper

High Low High Low
VDSL Range A (Clean) 48.9 35 7.8 5.5 30.5 Available Available --
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 47.2 30 7.8 5 25 Available Available --
Featured Products

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTP Availability Date

FTTP on Demand 330 30 -- Available -- --
ADSL Products

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 9 -- 8 to 9.5 Available -- Yes
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 9 Up to 1 8 to 9.5 Available -- Yes
ADSL Max Up to 8 -- 7 to 8 Available -- --
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available -- Yes
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available -- --
Observed Speeds

VDSL

Max Observed Downstream Speed (Mbps) 32.63
Max Upstream Observed Speed (Mbps) 8.77
Observed Date 2019-12-06
Other Offerings

Availability Date

VDSL Multicast -- -- -- Available -- --
ADSL Multicast -- -- -- Available -- --
Premise environment

Status

Bridge Tap N
VRI N
NTEFaceplate N
Last Test Date 27-11-2019
FTTP is not available.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line is on a Market A Exchange.

For VDSL or G.fast Ranges A and B, the term "Clean" relates to a line which is free from any wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions, and the term "Impacted" relates to a line which may have wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 17-Jun-2014; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact the Broadband supplier they want to take service from to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number, NAD, UPRN or Access Line ID (ALID) check.
Note: If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service.

Thank you for your interest.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 49

You haven't said anywhere how you are measuring the slow speed, is it with a speedtester website or are you looking at the hub line stats? are you connecting via wifi or an Ethernet cable?

0 Ratings