Re: Smart hub 2

Yes that was when I did reboot
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 49

sorry but with that great connection you need to stop rebooting the hub  is the hub dropping conenction as from stats and noise margin at normal 6db it does not look like it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 49

That is what I don’t understand I’m getting a great connection speed so why does the router not stay at the speed it’s fine for a few hours but then it starts to slow down even over night last night when I went to bed it was 45 but by this morning it had gone down to 27
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 49

@justmitch wrote:
Sorry
Can I get into the hub setting on iPad

If you are using an iPad, then you are using a wireless connection, and speed will be all over the place.

What could be happening is that the iPad keeps switching between  a 5GHz wireless connection, and a 2.4GHz one, as the Smart Hub 2 has the same SSID for both.

Restarting the home hub would force a wireless channel scan, and the iPad would establish a different connection.

One thing you could try, is to turn off the 5GHz wireless on the Smart Hub 2, and let the iPad stay connected to the 2.4GHz wireless signal, to see if you get a more consistent speed result.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 49

I have 7 smart lights do you think they will have an effect on the router?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 49

Download speed is independent of sync speed. We need to understand if it is your sync speed or download speed that is varying. Sync speed will not change unless the router resyncs due to a line fault, download speed can be affected by network congestion in the backhaul network.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 49

I’m not testing the speeds on I pad as I said I’m testing it on Netflix and Xbox with Connected wired
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 49

Ok
So what do I need to do to understand if it’s sync or download speed as I’ve have had 6 openreach engineers would not they have checked that ?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 49

there is certainly a drop in connection speed by looking at the dslchecker results - 40mb on 3/12 and 32mb earlier today

there is no guarantee on download speed only connection speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 49

Yes that is what I’m saying it will slowly go down to 27mb as time goes on
0 Ratings