Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Liamm29
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

SmartHub Keeps Rebooting

Hello everyone,

I’m hoping someone here might be able to help since BT’s customer service are hopeless.

For the last 2 weeks, my internet has been continuously going from totally fine to 1mbps speeds or the router completely rebooting. I contacted BT for support, followed all their steps and got nowhere. They kept telling me they could see no fault on my line.

They tried to get me to upgrade my router BEFORE even suggesting an engineer. An engineer came today and basically moved my master socket from downstairs to the bedroom where we keep the router. I have no idea why since we had already tried moving the router to the master socket and the stupid thing kept rebooting. Anyway, my internet is still slow and the router is still getting the orange light every now and then.

Any suggestions?

Also does anyone know the complaints email for BT? I asked numerous times for it and they would not give me it.
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: SmartHub Keeps Rebooting

Ago to 'help' at top of the page and you see heading for make complaint. Just follow that

can you post hub stats  go to advanced settings then technical log information 

try quiet line test. Dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone 

enter phone number and post results. https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Liamm29
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Here's my technical log. I don't have a phone land line.

bt-hub.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

@Liamm29 

You will need to test for noise using a phone, as noise on your line will cause dropouts.

Buy a cheap (less than £10) wired phone to run a check.

Then dial 17070 (free call)  and select option 2, quiet line test, and see if there is any noise on the line.

If you do not get dial tone, or there is noise on the line, then you need to report it as either no dial tone, or a noisy line. Do not mention the broadband problem, otherwise it will end up in the wrong fault queue, and take much longer to be fixed. There are plenty of people who can fix phone faults, but not as many broadband people.

Once the phone fault is fixed, then the broadband will get better.

Liamm29
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Okay thanks, I will do this and report back.

Can you tell if there is any issue based on my tech log posted above?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

@Liamm29 wrote:
Okay thanks, I will do this and report back.

Can you tell if there is any issue based on my tech log posted above?

Nothing other than the fact that its only been connected for two hours. Noise causes errors which eventually cause the home hub to reboot.

0 Ratings
Liamm29
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Hi, so I got a landline phone today. No noise on the line.

I'm getting quite angry with BT. I asked them to call me on Thursday, they said they'd call me Friday as planned. Nobody called me on Friday. Contacted them this morning at 8am, somebody would be contacting me soon about my complaint. Still nothing.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Hi @Liamm29,

I am sorry that we haven't been able to help you. I know another team appear to have your complaint but it may be best if we took over it for you. I've sent you a private message with some information about how you can contact us.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings