cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 71 of 83

Re: SmartHub despatch time

Oh yes I was like a kid at Christmas haha set it up once I ripped the envelope open 😂

0 Ratings
Message 72 of 83

Haha! Christmas has came early for you then 😂.

Thank goodness you got set up, I'm hoping Tuesday I'll finally get my engineer appointment but I am not filled with confidence

0 Ratings
Message 73 of 83

Have you tried telling them if you don’t get the engineer appointment they promised you’ll go to another provider?

also have you actually made a complaint? If not, raise one. 
good luck 

0 Ratings
Message 74 of 83

So just had my engineer appointment. He said we need a survey done to see about digging up my garden because my parents would rather not have a new overhead cable at our house lol and our existing underground cable is not in a duct/tube/conduit and is just buried so there's no way to feed the new full fibre wire through.
0 Ratings
Message 75 of 83

Surely it’s better to have an overhead cable than to dig up the garden?!

What a load of faff. Hopefully they’ll see it’s easier to have the overhead cable. I wonder how much they’ll charge you for it all.

On a separate note: my filter still hasn’t arrived so glad I bought one off Amazon. Postal strike tomorrow 

0 Ratings
Message 76 of 83

I know, but my dad owns the house and won't allow me to go for an overhead lol! I'm now wondering how long this'll take as it's already been delayed a lot!! I'm hoping they don't charge D:! No idea how it works.

Omg still not arrived?? Some things I ordered in the post were sitting at royal mail for 2 weeks until they arrived!! They're striking 2 days this week and 2 next week.
0 Ratings
Message 77 of 83

What harm is one cable compared to digging up the garden? It’ll be a complete mess
0 Ratings
Message 78 of 83

I know!! Lol but he won't be persuaded, he'd rather dig up the garden lol...
0 Ratings
Message 79 of 83

Have you asked BT if this will put the price up and do they put the garden back how they found it?

0 Ratings
Message 80 of 83

@Trish0502The garden would be reinstated as is the norm with any other dig Openreach contractors do for fibre.

0 Ratings