cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

So can I get FTTP fitted upstairs

I have Full Fibre 900 hundred install

My house has three floors - my home office is on the first floor at the front - directly over the living room. 

Currently broadband comes into the house through the front of the house to the front room. The Video that BT provides about the install of FTTP suggests "they will fit it where you like" and mentions that they might need space for ladders etc.

Does this mean that I can ask the engineer to fit it to go directly into the home office - that way I can plug the two desktops which will benefit most from the speed directly into my router (Orbi RBK50) and reconfigure where the satellites are around the house to cover smart-house devices that simply don't need the speed. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: So can I get FTTP fitted upstairs

All depends on a whole host of varying factors.

By right on a Standard Install the Engineer should Install the ONT following the same cable route as the Copper Line and putting it next to or as close to the existing NTE as possible.

I don’t know why the video would suggest they’ll put it where you want because they won’t and can’t always do that.

All comes down to the individual Engineer who visits you though. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

All comes down to the individual Engineer who visits you though. 

Get you - I'll look after him in the usual way.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Alansmithee and welcome back.

I'd be interested to hear how this visit goes so please post back and let us know how you get on.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Our engineer initially wanted to fit the ONT at the point where the original cable entered the house. After a little persuading he fitted it next to the telephone point instead. The impression I got was so long as I was being reasonable, he had the necessary equipment and it wasn’t too difficult etc. it would have been done. Good choice with Orbi, we’re using the same but left the SH2 in place in case of any issues. At some point we might take the SH2 out of the setup completely.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

we’re using the same but left the SH2 in place in case of any issues. At some point we might take the SH2 out of the setup completely.

I think they are sending me one but I don't even plan to take it out of the box, it can go in the garage on top of a range of other ISP provided routers...

0 Ratings