cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 61 of 68

Re: Solid Broadband Connection but no Internet/Traffic

Go to solution

Could be the issue, maybe a neighbour is using the same wireless channel and causing your wireless network not to work. Could be worth trying to change channels and see if that helps 

0 Ratings
Message 62 of 68

Go to solution

But I think if that was the problem then I would be able to connect direct to the hub via ethernet and it would work - but tried that and it doesn't

0 Ratings
Message 63 of 68

Go to solution

Right at the beginning, you've been asked about a wired connection and evertime you are asked about it, you either avoid the question or today say that you don't have a wired connection and only use wireless. Now you say you've tried a wired connection. It always helps those that are trying to help you if you are honest about your setup as everyday it changes.

0 Ratings
Message 64 of 68

Go to solution

I actually have said that in normal operation I have nothing connected direct, all devices connected via wi fi

I have also said that I have connected a laptop direct via ethernet for the purposes of testing if it really was no internet connection or just a wi fi problem

Sorry you missed that

0 Ratings
Message 65 of 68

Go to solution

The problem isn't within your home network.

Message 66 of 68

Go to solution

Hi All

Fault finally identified and fixed !

Many thanks to JohnC2 and the BT Complex Faults Team

After much testing / monitoring packets, the problem turned out to be a faulty Line Card in the roadside Green Box.

What made the fault difficult to detect originally was that everyone else connected to that card did not have a problem, just me.

Thanks again to everyone who chipped in with suggestions and ideas

0 Ratings
Message 67 of 68

Go to solution

Glad you got it sorted in the end, thanks for the update.

Message 68 of 68

Go to solution

Hi @KevG123 .

Thanks for getting back and letting us know this is finally fixed. I'll pass your feedback on the @JohnC2  and his manager for you.

Cheers

David