cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Solid Orange Light on smart hub

Go to solution

Hi all

I've recently had my by activated and had it confirmed as active. However, even though there is a phone connection, the smart hub remains solid orange .I've been through technical on the phone and done everything they have suggested .

All they've said now is to wait 48 hours and if it doesn't fox itself I'll have to arrange an engineer visit to come look at it which could mean another wait. 

Is there anything I can do to try and fix this? Would be great to have access to everything in paying for!

Cheers

Matt

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 7

Re: Solid Orange Light on smart hub

Go to solution

Have you tried the Troubleshooting Guide

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

If you have tried connecting to test socket with a filter and still no blue light then you need engineer visit to get you connected

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Yes i've tried that. I spent a good time on the phone to the technical guys who made me do all sorts which resulted in no change. I was then told to wait 48 hours before calling abck to ask for an engineer.

Surely if they are saying it's all active and i have a phone signal but the BB isn't connecting then there's another issue?

I've tried using different micro filters, plugging it into the extension sockets, resetting the router etc etc...

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

you need an engineer visit to get connected

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

If the light is solid orange, then the Hub has a broadband connection but the login details it's looking for to connect you to the internet are wrong or missing. Dial 17070 from your landline and make sure that the phone number on the line is what it should be. If it's different, the engineer will nip to the cabinet and connect you to the correct number. If the number's right, it may be a broadband specific fault which the engineer will be able to sort. If you've recentrly switched providers, sometimes your new line is connected to what the system thinks is the right routing, but is has actually changed over time due to faults and errors in recording. So you're actually still connected to your old circuit.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hey, just for any new visitors to this post. 

If you have issues with the lights on your Hub (regardless of which model), please visit https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/fix-a-problem/broadband-and-wi-fi/what-do-the-lights-on-my-bt-hub-...

This will give you information on what the lights mean, with hints, tips or advice on fixing the issue. 

On the newer Hubs, a solid orange light will generally indicate you need to connect to the Hub, open a web browser and follow the on-screen prompts.

0 Ratings