Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darthmuppet
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Sophos UTM over FTTP

Hi all,

Having trouble getting my Sophos UTM Home (9.700-5) to support IPv6 over my BT-supplied FTTP service. Everything works fine with the SmartHub 2, but the UTM will not get an IPv6 address from the BRAS. the UTM will show me a prefix, but it will not assign an address to its WAN interface, so i have no route back to the BRAS. I think this is an issue with the UTM, but I need to compare with someone else before I take the drastic step that is rebuilding the UTM.

Does anyone have a Sophos UTM Home, working over IPv6? if so, does your external interface look like this?

darthmuppet_0-1575655090680.png

I am expecting (I think) to see an IPv6 address alongside the 86.x.x.x address on the WAN interface.

the Sophos community is silent on this, and that's not like them at all. Way back in the past, DHCPv6-PD was definitely not supported, but nobody is making this information available to me. 

TIA

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
brookheather
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Sophos UTM over FTTP

0 Ratings
darthmuppet
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

I'd not seen that one, but I think that's the same thing, and quite likely the same cause. The reason for the post though is that it only takes a single person to have made it work, and i'd dearly love to find that person!
0 Ratings
darthmuppet
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

oh. "BT does not allocate IA_NA addresses for the WAN port on the CPE interface, BT expects the link local addresses to be used for this communication. Any request for an IA_NA will always result in a response of no addresses available for IA_NA. This has always been the case from day one of the IPv6 implementation on the platform." So i'm not going to see an IPv6 address there. Funny that BT routers have one....
0 Ratings
darthmuppet
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

<cough> oops. Smart Hub 2 still advertising itself as a default gateway, not much good when it's just a wireless access point. I have kind-of made it work, but only until i am assigned a different IPv4 address. This is because on the Sophos UTM, the WAN interface has IPv4 and IPv6 as either DHCP or static - can't have one DHCP and the other static. As i have to assign an IPv6 address to the WAN interface to allow it to pass the traffic, the IPv4 interface must also be static. that's a bit risky, as I have rebooted 5 times today and had 3 different internet-facing IPs.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 6 of 6

Keep rebooting and DLM will most likely kick in thinking there's a fault.

0 Ratings