cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Speed Availability question

Hi All,

I've been trying to get some online help from BT, but don't seem to be able to find a live chat link.

I'm changing by broadband from Vodafone (already given notice) I've had good experience from BT in the past but confused about what speed I should be able to get.

All other providers (SKY / Vodafone / TalkTalk) claim I can get max 60 Mb download speed at my address, however on the BT website, it's saying 74/ 150 / 300 / 900Mb packages are available for me?

I'm pretty rural and when I was last with BT (12 months ago) I managed only around 10-20Mb download speeds so moved to Vodafone, performance was similar but was much cheaper.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks, Simon

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Speed Availability question

Seems as though FTTP is available above FTTC hence the faster speeds, would mean a new fibre cable being installed but I believe new FTTP installs are on hold until March just now with OR

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Enter your address in the checker https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL and post the results to see what is available to you.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi

Please see below....

Does this mean I can order the super fast Fibre?

Thanks

Address 94, SOLIHULL on Exchange LAPWORTH is served by Cabinet 1
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream HandbackThreshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability DateHigh Low High Low      VDSL Range A (Clean) 
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 
40.3257.8620AvailableAvailable
39.622.47.75.618AvailableAvailable
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessWBC FTTP
Up to 1000Up to 220--Available1 Stage
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability DateWBC ADSL 2+WBC ADSL2+ Annex MADSL MaxWBC Fixed RateFixed Rate
Up to 2.5--1 to 4Available
Up to 2.5Up to 0.51 to 4Available
Up to 2--1 to 3.5Available
1----Available
1----Available
Other Offerings Availability DateVDSL MulticastADSL Multicast
Available
Available
Exchange Product Restrictions StatusFTTP Priority ExchangeWLR WithdrawalSOADSL Restriction
N
N
Y

The premise/line is associated with exchange which is NOT part of current fibre priority programme.

The premise/line is associated with exchange where WLR is not withdrawn.

The premise/line is associated with exchange where SOADSL service is restricted.

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed with Line of sight problems Trees.

FTTP is available and a new ONT may be ordered.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 3 Jun 2014. The Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30 Jun 2014.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Address is not as accurate as the phone number so try phoning FTTP team and ask 0800800030

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 6

FTTP team is 0800 587 4787 but it would appear to be available to you