cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Speed Dropped By Over 20mbps

Several of us with BT have been noticing some perfomance issues over last few days. Some have been worse than others however I've ran a few different speed tests and they've all come back roughly (give or take 5mbps) the same.

I'm paying for 76mbps however due to where I'm based/connection, previously every test came back around 78-79mbps. Today running the test through BT & also via the BT Wholesale site, both tests came back at 56mbps. Using other testing sites I was ranging from 49-52mbps!

In addition to this I have other family members with the same service (76mbps) all showing similar results! We all stay within 3 miles of each other and all our tests were carried out via wired connection. I checked mine on different wired devices using different cables and also connected directly into the hub, all returning similar results.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Speed Dropped By Over 20mbps

is your hub stable?  if so can you post stats if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information

the package is for a connection speed of up to 80mb but there is no guarantee on download  it may be you are suffering from congestion with number people online so can you post exchange and cab number or enter phone number and post results  https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Thanks. Hopefully this is what you need.

BB1.jpg

BB2.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

your connection speed is 62 mb and has been about that speed since 12/19 according to dslchecker  however your attainable is only 63mb whereas I would have expected in range 80/67mb

can you check phone line   dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

are you using test socket with filter to see if that improves your connection?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 13

I don't have a wired phone however on checking the line it was silent. I've just run it from the main sockets test connection and it was actually coming in at 49mbps which is what the non BT speed test was.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

the main problem is first to see why you actual connection speed is not within the expected range  if you cannot improve your connection speed then you are not going to get any faster download speed

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 13

I gather this is something I will need to do directly through BT?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

if you are now connected to test socket with filter can you repost hub stats

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Apologies I've put the router back to it's original setup. Once the wifes done her work I'll put it back and get the results for you. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Sorry about the delay. Hopefully this will shed some light on the issues. These are the results run from the test socket. I also ran the speedcheck again and my download speed is even worse and now 25mbps.

Broad1.jpgBroad2.jpg

0 Ratings