normally need to find a fault and fix it before reset DLM - unless you get a sympathetic broadband engineer
with your connection dropping it seems pointless a DLM reset until problem fixed as the drops will just cause DLM to drop speed and increase noise margin so you will be back to square one
Just as a way of an update, I finally got agreement from BT that something wasn't quite right and they dispatched an engineer. He came to my property on Saturday to check everything over, he couldn't find any obvious faults within the customer boundary but did confirm that my speed should be at least 10mb higher than the 56mb I was getting due to my attenuation and distance to the cab. (He wasn’t openreach, he was a contractor from CubeGB or similar?)
Whilst he was here, he escalated it with someone on the Newcastle desk in BT Openreach as he wasn’t able to fix it himself, they ran further tests their side and saw some further issues on the line away from my property (not sure what). So from that point it was escalated to the third line 'network team' to investigate further.
BT Openreach turned up at my property yesterday and seemed to know exactly what they were here to do – they replaced the copper run from the PCP to the pole, they had cherry pickers out and the works – so it looked like a big job and that they’d found quite an obvious fault. They were at my property and in my street all day.
They left and confirmed that everything should now be working correctly - unfortunately the result of their work hasn’t made much difference at all – I’m still only getting around 56/57mb throughput when I used to get 68-70. My ‘clean’ estimate with BT is 63-80, so I’m sure I’ve got grounds to escalate from there. DLM has been reset, but the assumption my sync speed would get back to normal on the back of that seems a little hopeful!
I went onto online chat yesterday to advise that as a result of their works nothing has actually improved, they advised yesterday that they'd escalate it back to their network team and provide an update within 24 hrs. I didn't get an update, so went back onto online chat to now be told that my line is fine and I'm getting the correct speeds - even though my speeds are still as low as when the fault was reported
Not sure where to go with this now as BT support (on the chat) will not take it any further…?
For a bit of further info - here are my stats from my modem, and also my estimate on the DSL checker
from your stats your conenction speed is virtually the same as attainable and noise margin about normal 6db if you are on a Huawei can then if line stable then possibly when G.INP is activated that would give you a bit more speed.
at present your conenction speed is just below bottom of estimated speed but above the 56mb handback speed so probably need to wait and let line stabilise and seeif you get extra speed from G.INP
I'm on an ECI cab unfortuntley, so no G.INP for me in the foreseable.
So they're basing it on the handback speed then? So if I don't get any improvement (I was getting 67-68mb up until a few weeks ago) then that's it....?
Unfortunately my issues are persisting, not sure where else to go with this.
I'm now only getting 50Mb throughput. My attainable rate on my sync is 54/55.
I've been onto BT chat again and have stated my issues, they have said they've 'raised' a complaint and that they have 'Refreshed the connection at the exchange, and I will see speed increase in the next 3 hours without having to do anything' and that ‘I won’t need to contact them again’. They said this before and it was nothing other than a fob off as nothing changed, I don't believe they have the power to do anything like that. (I’m not being interleaved, so resetting DLM wouldn’t do anything)
So….I'm not sure where else to go here. Obviously I'm below my handback of 57Mb now and as this has already had 2 engineers out I'm not sure it's going to be fixable. Both engineers have confirmed I’m around 160m from the local cabinet and that I should be seeing minimum 66/67 Mb at my distance. I'm wondering if I could ask for mod assistance on this one and maybe discuss an early termination of my contract due to not receiving my advertised minimum.
For additional information, I have published the below URL with detailed stats on my connection if that is of any help.