cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Speed and reboots

Hi,

I have had some electrical work done in my home this week which has led to my smart hub 2 being rebooted a few times. I have noticed the speed has dropped from around the mid 40's to 37mb today.

These reboots have been during the day when I imagine the exchange is having most traffic hence the lower speeds. Us it worth me rebooting it later at night when the traffic is lower to get a better sync speed or to just leave it?

Thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Speed and reboots

it is the number of reboots which have resulted in DLM taking action to reduce speed and increase noise margin to try and stabilise your line  more reboots will make matter worse so best to leave connected with no more resets  it should recover automatically

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for the reply.

I will leave it be then. Will it adjust automatically or will it need a reboot at a later date to do so as my speeds have only ever changed then?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

It will happen automatically.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Thanks for the reply.

I have only seen my speed change after a reboot or the old 14 day ones.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

When the DLM is happy that your connection is now stable your hub will reset automatically and speed will improve and noise margin reduce

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Ok, thanks. Should this be over the next 14 days?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Hopefully over the next 14 days DLM should resync your line in the early hours.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Thank you, I will keep a watch.
0 Ratings