cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Speed below guaranteed - "Right to exit removed"

Hi,

I have recently raised a fault via the BT speed checker as my speed is below the contracted 'guaranteed' speed that I was promised when signing up in August.

However, the fault says the following, which makes no sense as I have not been asked for any information:

> Right to exit removed

> We’ve had to remove your right to exit your contract without penalty, as we’ve not been able to monitor your speed or get any required information from you.

To be honest I am more interested in getting my speeds back, however this has been an ongoing problem.  Any ideas? 

When I look on the 'upgrade' page on BT it shows my "current package" with a considerably lower speed than the one I signed up to and have in my initial e-mails as well as the one showing on my products page.  My fear is they have basically just dropped my speeds and are refusing to let me exit the contract.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Speed below guaranteed - "Right to exit removed"

I've had the same issue which was caused by a question about the cable used to connect the Openreach FTTP modem to the Smart Hub 2 - I was asked if it was the original cable and because I answered yes it locked out the right to exit.

I have been getting sub 100Mbps speeds and when I looked at the router status it was because the WAN speed link was capped at 100Mbps. Having spoken with BT this morning they have said that it is a problem with the cable and they are sending a new one out - they have said that only the red ended cables will work and other ethernet cables are not compatible with the Openreach modem.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

@Plivesey 

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

the speeds quoted by BT are connection speeds not download speeds

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for the response!

I do not have a phone so cannot do the dial test.  Here are the router details:

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084318+NQ92721490

Firmware version:

SG4B1000E020

Firmware updated:

29-Mar-2020