cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Speed decrease due to micro filter removal

Hi,

I took out the micro filter on my extension socket and my speed went from 76mbps to 40mbps. Noise margin is still the same and ping is still the same so can someone explain why the speed has gone down? Has DLM kicked in? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Speed decrease due to micro filter removal

if you do not have a filtered master socket then you need the filter in the extension socket otherwise any phone call will cause drop in connection as you are not filtering your connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Noise Margin increased when micro filter added?

I added a micro filter to my telephone extension and now my noise margin has gone up from 3db to 10db? Why is this? Prior to adding the micro filter the internet was disconnecting every time the telephone was used...

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Re: Noise Margin increased when micro filter added?

I would think a microfilter would alter the noise margin simply because the filter itself must be 'lossy'. You never get something for nothing... like splitting a TV antenna downlead.

Also disconnecting and reconnecting your Hub while playing around with this may well have caused some kind of line management to kick in. 

0 Ratings