Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fenixriot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Speed decrease to the property.

Go to solution
I was getting 55mb to the property, which had dropped to 14mb, but has gone back up to 44mb, but it is still 11mb less than i was getting. Spoke in online chat to no avail, as i got the usual it is within the limits, which is all well and good but when im only getting real world download speeds of 37mb compared to what i used to get which was 51mb, i dont find this acceptable.
Any help would be appreciated.
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Speed decrease to the property.

Go to solution

post the stats from your hub  if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
fenixriot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

This is a list of your BT Smart Hub settings and current statistics.

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084316+NQ74317524

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B540

Firmware updated:

23-May-2018

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 0 Hours 44 Minutes 31 Seconds

Data rate:

10.00 Mbps / 44.00 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

11469 / 48003

Noise margin:

7.5 dB / 7.2 dB

Line attenuation:

19.9 dB

Signal attenuation:

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

Data sent / received:

37 MB Uploaded / 416 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:

Active

2.4 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-GHMP

2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 1)

5 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-GHMP

5 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 36)

Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)

Wireless mode:

Mode 1

Firewall:

On

MAC address:

A0:39:EE:5A:91:79

Software variant:

-

Boot loader:

internet.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

As you have a connection speed of 44mb which is within your estimated range BT won't help

have you been having connection problem with line dropping or have you been resetting router to try and improve speed or maybe a combination of both?

you need to maintain a stable connection with no resets and the DLM will eventually activate G.INP  which will reduce your noise margin nearer 3db and give an increase in connection speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
fenixriot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

How long can this take approx?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

if you are not having problems with connection dropping then about 10/14 days 

fenixriot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Just a quick update, im now at the 10 day mark and still no change. I will wait a few more days and if no change still, then i will get in touch with BT.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Is there any noise on your line? 17070 option 2 best with corded phone. Any noise report a line fault on 151.

0 Ratings
fenixriot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution
I did the phone line test and all fine. I noticed the internet had reset itself last night, but no change to speed.
0 Ratings
fenixriot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution
I have now been incontact with supports several times now, and as the line has no fault and my speed is within their accepted range, there is not a lot that can be done from the looks of it.
What makes it frustrating is the fact that several weeks ago i was getting 55mb to the hub giving me a respectable 51mb real world download speed, now its 44mb to the hub and between 32 and 40mb real world download speeds.
I would just love to know how i can lose 10mb and they say its fine, especially as before i was on infinity 1, we had infinity 2 and the line was capable of around 67mb to the hub and about 60mb real world.
I just dont get it. Losing my patience with BT.
0 Ratings