cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Speed drop - need some advice please

Hi

Suddenly got a drop in speed from approx 68mb to as low as 40mb on occasions but average about 45mb. Had been rock stable for over a year now but  seems to have dipped for over 2 weeks. Have tried contacting call centre chat for over 2hrs now but getting nowhere I fast end up frustrated as not listening to actual issue and just sent me a 4g hub out which do not need. I have checked slave socket wiring all fine, plugged direct into master socket removing face plate  as well as checking connections on A/B on back of master socket and again all fine, also done quiet line test and again fine - Do my stats show any issue to why only syncing @ 51mb which is the best I can get.

stats.JPGstats2.JPG

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Speed drop - need some advice please

Are you currently connected to test socket with a filter?  Are stats from test socket?  If not can you connect to test socket and repost stats

you need to leave in test socket and see if line stable and speed  improve over a few weeks

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Thanks - stats posted were everything back to normal condition . I have tried direct into master socket with inline filter for a few days but still very similar speeds. Should I leave it longer than a few days direct into test socket.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Yes

connect to test socket and then post new hub stats. Your connection speed may be similar but see if noise margin and attainable speed change

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

New stats direct into test socket

stats 3.jpg

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

As well as connecting to test socket tried new router I got sent, still the same 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

You now need to leave hub connected with no more resets to avoid DLM taking any action

which exchange and cab are you on. It was shown on dslchecker but you deleted

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Thanks for advise

Whitley Bay Cab 32

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

I thought you might get a speed boost from G.INP but afraid not as you like me are on an ECI cab instead of Huawei

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Hi thanks for support so far

Is it possible to request a DLM reset via this forum or can only openreach/BT do this function - phone and broadband are rock stable just slow - I think if there was a flt it has cleared now as some work was done in our street a few days back for people complaining of slow service. To get Engineer out I will have to take day off work so looking for a less costly  option

0 Ratings