cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Speed estimate

Go to solution

I'm currently with Sky on their Superfast (80/20 FTTC service). My contract is up this month and I'm currently reviewing my options.

With Sky, I have an estimated download speed of 66.5 - 74.3 Mb/s, and a minimum guaranteed speed of 61.1 Mb/s. However, my router syncs at 80Mb/s, and I typically get 74.3 Mb/s on speedtest.net.

On the BT site, it suggests that my download speed range is 61 - 73 Mb/s, with a stay fast guarantee of 55 Mb/s.

Is BT conservative in its estimates, or should I expect the same speeds as I currently get with Sky, given that both use the same Openreach network?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Speed estimate

Go to solution

The only difference with the changeover to BT is a different router but line is still the same so I would expect your connection the same or very similar to they which you have now

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 3

Re: Speed estimate

Go to solution
Great, thanks for your help!
0 Ratings