Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Speed from cab

Go to solution
Hi, I’m currently using a unlocked Openreach modem with a HH5. I find I get a more stable connection with this setup. I get a constant speed of 62 with a wired connection but my modem stats say I’m syncing at 69, is the difference between 62 and 69 the speed I’m losing due to the distance from the cab?

Connection Status
Help
Mode VDSL2
Traffic type PTM
DSL synchronization status Up
DSL up time 0

Line Status
Help
Downstream Upstream
Attainable rate (kbit/s) 69160 20342
SNR margin (dB) 17.4 0
Line attenuation (dB) 13.9 7.2
Output power (dBmV) 13.9 7.2

Statistics
Help

Path 0
Path 1
Downstream Upstream Downstream Upstream
Line rate (kbit/s) 69946 20000 0 0
CRC errors 254 127 18 0
FEC errors 0 0 0 0
HEC errors 154 4294967290 32 0
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Speed from cab

Go to solution

You have a 69mb connection speed but don't see anything about 62mb. Is the 62mb your download speed from btspeedtester?  If so that is about right for your connection speed when you take into account 'overheads'

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Yes that’s my average DL speed across the board using different speed testers, do my stats look ok (SNR level)? If I upgrade the HH5 would I get the full 69, even though I probably wouldn’t notice the difference.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

There’s the sync speed which is what the router is syncing at on the network. Then there is the throughput speed, the speeds you see on speed tests and downloads. I would say you are doing pretty well with a throughput at 62 from a sync speed of 69. You would need the street cabinet to be in the front garden for the throughput to come close to the sync speed. 

You are right that you probably won’t notice any difference by an extra 5mbps on the throughput when you are getting 62. If you was getting 1mbps and you suddenly got 5mbps I’m sure that would be amazing, but 62 or 69 won’t be any major improvement. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks for the info everyone appreciated.
0 Ratings