cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
squidgey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 19

Slowest Fibre broadband ever?

This is my current Infinity broadband speed, I'm so glad I upgraded from ADSL... (and yes, the router is the only item plugged into the single master phone socket in the house) 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 19

Re: Slowest Fibre broadband ever?

Why start new thread when you already have a thread on the same subject needs to be merged to maintain consistency

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
squidgey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 19

I'm not asking for a solution, just wondering if anyone else has managed to get this low as it's really now taking the pee!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
squidgey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 19

Well I've finally received a new hub which has cured the constant hub resets, so the hub now has a decent uptime. 

I still appear to have a problem however, as the hub can sync at 60+mbps during the day, but come 5pm and it resync's at 19mbps, and then resyncs various times through the night until the next morning when it appears to become stable again. 

Doing the "quiet line" test there does appear to be what can only be described as clicks and scratches between the announcements so I've reported this as a line fault, but customer services say they've done a line check and no fault found and also no network fault so they've closed the case. 

Is there anything else I can try? Note that I only have a single telephone socket, no extensions and no test socket. 

Since I have vdsl on the line can I plug a phone directly into the socket or does it have to go through the filter? I'm just trying to eliminate that. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 19

is it a filtered socket you are currently using or a socket with separate filter?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
squidgey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 19

socket with seperate filter. I'm currently using the filter that came with the hub. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 19

then you can connect phone to the filter or you can remove faceplate and conenct phone direct to test socket and see if noise gone  does mean disconencting router though

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 18 of 19

The filter is to stop the DSL signal from interfering with  your telephone. If you plug in a phone without a filter you will also here the DSL signal which sounds like the old Fax signal.

0 Ratings
squidgey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 19

apart from I don't have a test socket as my face plate has only 2 screws

0 Ratings