Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PlanetWilson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Speed halved when I went on holiday

Go to solution
I went away for a few days and my router got switched off (don’t ask)
Anyway once I got back about 5 days later I turned it back in but I’ve gone from 70/20 speeds to more like 27/9. I’m using a netgear d7000 which has been flawless for 18 months. I suspect my speed has been dropped for some reason. How can I get it out back? Do I need to just wait? It’s been about 36 hours now since it went back on.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Speed halved when I went on holiday

Go to solution

Can you post stats from your netgear

any line noise. Dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Starwire
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
Because your Router was switched off for 5 days the DSLAM would’ve assumed there was a fault because the DSL Modem wasn’t in Sync so the DLM would’ve kept lowering the Sync Rate to try and Stabilise the connection.

Just leave it switched on and the now you have a stable connection again the DLM will do its thing and put your sync speed back up.

There’s a few holiday villages round my way and we get this at the start of every summer. People come back to them, switch the Router on that’s been switched off for almost a year and the sync speed has gone right down.
PlanetWilson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
Brilliant thanks, it’s back to normal now.
0 Ratings