cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 18

Re: Speed halved?

As the phone is not working just how am I supposed to call BT?

There is no email address to email them and the chat service is not available.

So I do what now?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 18

If you don't agree the potential for a charge then unlikely you will get engineer appointment and even more unlikely you will get engineer by weekend so looks like you are on your way to EE Remember if you are in contact there will be cancellation charges if you move

Bear in mind you connection is exactly the same just paying someone different who will not get an openreach engineer any faster

look forward to your outcome update

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 18

So please tell me how I've never agreed to the charge before but had problems fixed by Openreach Engineers? And as for still in contract... well they are supposed to be providing me with a service which at the moment I cannot use yet I'm still paying for. So we'll see if there will be any charges shall we.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 18

As has already been explained to you.  It is not telling you that you will be charged. It is telling you that if the fault is caused by you or with your internal wiring etc as per the link you could be subject to a charge and it is asking if you understand that. 

They are only not supplying you with a service because there is a fault which YOU have not reported to them. If you do ever get around to reporting it I'm sure BT will arrange for it to be fixed.

EDIT: Not being funny, being factual.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 18

I have had the phone line in this property since 2003 and there have been some issues and for none of them have I ever agreed to the potential charge. I have eliminated the internal wiring, my equipment and the line filters and the problem has been fixed, I even had an engineer out to replace the cable from the junction box to the master socket, as doing that solved a noise problem.

So please explain to me how I am unlikely to ever get the fault repaired.

And Oh! but I have reported the fault to them, and they know it, as when I try to go through the process of reporting the fault again I am informed there is an open fault ticket. So is it reported or not in that case?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 18

It would appear that you are just wanting an argument.

You have been told what you need to do and it is entirely up to you what you do and in case you are wondering, I am not in the least bit worried about you reporting the post,  in fact I found that funny, even more funny than some of the other stuff you have posted.

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 18

It’s been the case for years (decades probably) that if you don’t accept the potential for charges, then a maintenance call out will not be arranged, whether that is verbally if you call to report a problem, or on line , as you have found, don’t tick the box, you don’t proceed, the exception is if a problem is detected that is obviously not at or close to your address, when the line is tested the test result gives an approximation where the fault is , if the line tests ok or the indication is fault close to or at your home you get the warning, if you have checked and are confident the problem is not on anything you are responsible for, what’s the problem accepting ?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 18 of 18

Hi Everyone,

I have locked this thread as it's no longer constructive and there is no further value that the community can add.  We want all posters to feel comfortable both asking and answering questions and respecting other opinions is paramount to a healthy community atmosphere. 

0 Ratings