cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dazzarfc12
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 10

Speed in my area

Hey am wondering if anyone can help me can i get Any faster than I have am on 40 meg download and about 9 upload
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Speed in my area

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

0 Ratings
dazzarfc12
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 10

Did you get that message i sent you
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Yes. I have run the checker for you and this is the result.

Test.PNG

In answer to your question, yes you should be able to get better speeds.

If you have a Homehub 5 can you post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the Homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/

or

If you have the Smart Hub, (Homehub 6) can you go to hub manager then advanced then technical log and post the stats. http://bthomehub.home/

Is there any noise on your phone line? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

Try connecting to the master socket/ test socket and if your problem is still there it could indicate that there is a line fault before the test socket on BT's side.

When you use the test socket make sure that any telephone extensions you have are "dead". There should be no dial tone at any of your phone extensions. If they have a dial tone it means you have star wiring and that is not good for Infinity and will need to be fixed.

dazzarfc12
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 10

Can I get fttp

Can someone check and see if I can get fttp ml119qu
0 Ratings
dazzarfc12
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 10

Can I get fttp on my line
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

Re: Can I get fttp

I have merged your other thread because the question is more or less the same as this one.

No you can not get FTTP.

0 Ratings
dazzarfc12
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 10

What is highest you say I can get
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

If you check the checker that I carried out on your phone number for you, you should see that it states anything between 50Mbps and 71Mbps

imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

Post the router stats as requested by @gg30340.  You may then get more assistance by providing more information 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings