Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 14

Re: Speed increase

Go to solution

Banding does not affect attainable speed only connection speed and as your actual is virtually at attainable there is no banding

is it possible for you to connect to test socket with filter to see if that helps your connection speed. It will also eliminate your master socket front plate as a problem. They do go faulty and just another thing to eliminate. If you connect to test socket then post new stats from router

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Dezza88
Contributor
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution
Straight into the test socket on the mk2 socket and quiet line test was silent still and I will post log info below:

Product name: BT Hub 6A
Serial number: +084319+NQ70168872
Firmware version: SG4B1000B522
Firmware updated: 13-Jan-2018
Board version: 1.0
Gui version: 1.64.0
DSL uptime: 0 Days, 0 Hours 7 Minutes 20 Seconds
Data rate: 17.97 Mbps / 42.86 Mbps
Maximum data rate: 18088 / 43818
Noise margin: 6.1 dB / 6.3 dB
Line attenuation: 18.2 dB
Signal attenuation:
VPI / VCI: 0/38
Modulation: G_993_2_ANNEX_B
Latency type: Fast Path
Data sent / received: 4097 MB Uploaded / 4111 MB Downloaded
Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com
BT Wi-fi: Active
2.4 GHz wireless network name: BTHub6-8M2H
2.4 GHz wireless channel: Smart (Channel 6)
5 GHz wireless network name: BTHub6-8M2H
5 GHz wireless channel:Smart (Channel 36)
Wireless security: WPA2 (Recommended)
Wireless mode: Mode 1
Firewall: On
MAC address: 24:7F:20:A7:45:F9
Software variant: -
Boot loader: 7.33.1
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

That has made little difference to connection speed. From your stats the boost has been applied hence why you up speed is no longer capped at 10mb. You can try and get engineer visit and see if they can improve your speed into the estimated range but from dslchecker you are above the handback speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Dezza88
Contributor
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution
Ok no problem, thanks for taking the time to look into it for me. 40-42mb is fine for what I need. Just thought I would ask. Once again thanks for the help
0 Ratings