cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Speed increased - Hub Reconnects Every Night Now....

Everything has been great recently.

Hub would go 40-50 days without dropping connection (DSL Uptime) or restarting (System Uptime).

As per below on 7 Jan 2021 firmware was updated and i seem to have gained ~10% Downstream & Upstream Max data rate (was 3.5 / 27.0 before...) and my speeds have increased accordingly.....

However it seems almost every night since the firmware update, the connection resets about 01:30 (ish)

Everything seems ok expect for this resetting, which concerns me as if it happens too many times i am at a risk of my speeds being capped - is this right??

Is there anything to worry about looking at the stats below??

Product code:Smart Hub 2
Serial number:+091298+xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Firmware version:v0.24.04.11017-BT
Firmware updated:Thu Jan 7 08:27:32 2021
Board version:R01
GUI version:1.71 05_06_2020
DSL uptime:0 days,05 Hours45 Mins47 Secs
Data rate:4.294 Mbps / 30 Mbps
Maximum data rate:6.697 Mbps / 34.534 Mbps
Noise margin:10.4 / 8.4
Line attenuation:11.3 / 26.3
Signal attenuation:11.3 / 26.9

System uptime: 4 Days, 07 Hours 07 Minutes

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Speed increased - Hub Reconnects Every Night Now....

if it was ok until firmware update have you tried 1 factory reset using recessed button on back and holding until lights flash 20/30 secs just in case update not quite updated  only once though

with connection speed fixed at 30mb it looks like DLM may have already taken action and line banded

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi @imjolly 

@Many thanks. I’ll hold off on the reset for now. 

can you clarify the bit about “with connection speed fixed at 30mb it looks like DLM may have already taken action and line banded”

is that good or bad?? 
cheers

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

being in a banded profile is not good but is the DLM solution to keeping you connected when line appears to have problems

https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/FTTC-DLM-What-it-is-How-it-works/ba-p/1322799

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 5

Spoiler
Ah. Thank you. 

No reset tonight and ironically speed is much better at the minute. 

No signs of the noisy line which i periodically  experience leading to open reach doing something at the exchange. 

I will read the link shortly thanks. 
0 Ratings