cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
purpse
Beginner
Message 1 of 106

Speed jump

Hello. My router has just reconnected with a sync speed of 80mbps. It was previously 50 mbps. A quick speed test confirms around 72mbps. I havnt asked for an upgrade and I didnt reset my router. Im not complaining, but can anyone explain this?

Regards

0 Ratings
105 REPLIES 105
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 106

Re: Speed jump

Post up the stats from the router please.

Your line may have been banded or some connections may have been remade as part of a larger scale repair.

There could be many reasons to be honest.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 106

Are only paying for Infinity 1 but are now getting Infinity 2 speeds?

What does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

Message 4 of 106

Hi @purpse and thanks for posting.

This does sound odd. If you haven't upgraded to Infinity 2 then you shouldn't be seeing those connection speeds. Are you able to post the information as requested by @XRaySpeX and @Webby?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 106

I suspect there is a disappointed customer somewhere that was expecting a move from Infinity1 to Infinity2 that didn't happen! Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 106

You might have a point there @licquorice Smiley Wink

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
purpse
Beginner
Message 7 of 106

Not sure if this is what your looking for but its all I could find:
DSL uptime:

0 Days, 5 Hours 31 Minutes 3 Seconds

Data rate:

18.79 Mbps / 80.00 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

18793 / 83750

Noise margin:

6.2 dB / 6.9 dB

Line attenuation:

19.4 dB

Signal attenuation:

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

Data sent / received:

125 MB Uploaded / 2214 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:

Active

0 Ratings
PheeragHfre
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 106

@licquorice wrote:

I suspect there is a disappointed customer somewhere that was expecting a move from Infinity1 to Infinity2 that didn't happen! Smiley Wink

Make that at least TWO! 😞

"I have this awful feeling someone is watching every move I make (one of my pet hates is router location tagging)." Marvin (A paranoid Android)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 106

@purpse

Are you on Infinity 1? What does it show in your online BT account? Any recent orders?

Perhaps you have been on Infinity 2 for a while but banded at a lower speed which has just been lifted?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
ajh79
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 106

I have experienced exactly the same issue.

I am on BT infinity 1, but am experiencing speeds of that expected on BT infinity 2.

My speed test is over wifi and not from the hub (have the locked white openreach box so hub doesn't give me speeds). But on 2 seperate devices, I was getting approx 60 down / 18 up. Would be higher over ethernet. Clearly this is higher than the 55/10 I am supposed to get.

My HH5 has rebooted itself 3 times this week rather than the usual once every 14 days. Could have had the new speed then assigned then.

My original thread: https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/BT-Infinity-1-higher-than-expected-upload-s...

0 Ratings