cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaseb41
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 106

Re: Speed jump

Ive just received an email from bt saying there giving me a free speed boost I’m on infinity 1 not costing anymore or no recontracting and will see the boost soon, could be down to this maybe?
https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/exclusive-offers/cloudspeed/?s_cid=con_email_Wunderm...
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 106

Interesting that even the mods weren’t aware of this 😄
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Jaseb41
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 106

Yeah definitely very strange there not aware of this upgrade, also found this page very interesting?
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56165/c/346
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 106

Where your line can support speeds of more than 55Mb, you will see an increase in your sync speed (the speed of your fibre to your property).

Who writes this Smiley Sad

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 106

Unbelievable!!!

0 Ratings
Jaseb41
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 106

Is this BT’s response to the new sky fibre max product that if your speed won’t get up to 76meg they will give you minimum guaranteed speed of 55meg maybe?
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 17 of 106

Does this mean all Infinity 2 customers can now downgrade to Infinity 1 save money and have the same speed?

Seems a strange way of doing things.

kencar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 106

Am I missing something here Smiley Frustrated

Doesn't this make it pointless to have Infinity 2??

Sage
Sage
Message 19 of 106

@kencar wrote:

Am I missing something here Smiley Frustrated

Doesn't this make it pointless to have Infinity 2??

It would appear to be.

0 Ratings
spacepilot
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 106

i have just downgraded from infinity 2 to infinity 1, saving myself £7 per month. sorting out my emails, i found this

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56165/~/questions-about-the-bt-infinity-1-speed-upgra...

Questions about the BT Infinity 1 speed upgrade

In mid-September we said we'd be automatically upgrading BT Infinity 1 customers (whose lines could support it) to a faster speed of up to 76Mb. We're upgrading lines throughout September/October and plan to finish by early November.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...by november  2017.

obviously, they must be increasing infinity 2 speeds too, but i cannot find anything out about them.

welcome to the world of last wednesday week.

there's now't wrong with 2 cans and a piece of string. at certain times, it is often faster.

0 Ratings