Message 31 of 106

Re: Speed jump

Yep.

0 Ratings
pxr5
Contributor
Message 32 of 106

As an Infinity 2 customer, is it worth complaining now, or holding on for a week or two?

What sort of price reduction/compensation do you think they'll offer Infinity 2 customers?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 106

At the moment, it’s an unknown.

I’d expect some sort of announcement soon though, but no one really knows at the moment.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 34 of 106

IMHO they must have something in mind for Infinity 2 customers at present we just don't know.

Personally I'd hold off for a while. How long is entirely up to you. I would hope for an announcement sometime in November at the latest but with BT who knows.

I know that Openreach has introduced a new 160Mb tier for FTTP which is the same top sync speed for G.fast.

Is this in preparation for Infinity 2 customers getting a free speed boost from BT?

Will Infinity 2 customers to far from the G.fast pod to benefit  be automatically be downgraded to Infinity 1?

Have FTTP Infinty 1 customers got the same speed boost as FTTC?

Plenty of questions but no answers yet.

spacepilot
Aspiring Expert
Message 35 of 106

I was swapping down, before i knew of the Infinity 1 speed increase.

My change should have been today, and the bt board shows me as infinity 1.

yesterday on 2, i was 74.92 & 17.21.

today, on 1 (this morning and this late afternoon) i am 74.96 & 17.22 so a little bit faster than yesterday.

I am saving around £7 per month on what i was paying for infinity 2, and getting the same speeds (currently)

As they may have not downgraded me...yet , i will give it until thursday ( which is my billing day) then try again....

welcome to the world of last wednesday week.

there's now't wrong with 2 cans and a piece of string. at certain times, it is often faster.

pxr5
Contributor
Message 36 of 106

OK I'll hang on for a bit before contacting BT. When did this officially start? I.e. When did the role out commence for the speed increase to Infinity 1 services? It would be useful to have a date to refer back, to possibly work out any future compensation. E.g. If the difference is £5 on average between Infinity 1 and Infinity 2 a month. then that is approximately 0.17p a day. So, say from Sep-Dec could be 120 x 0.17 (or 4 months x £5), could be £20.

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 37 of 106

@pxr5 wrote:

As an Infinity 2 customer, is it worth complaining now, or holding on for a week or two?

What sort of price reduction/compensation do you think they'll offer Infinity 2 customers?

Techically absolutely nothing as there has been no change to the Infinity 2 contract terms/conditions or price.

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 38 of 106

@pippincp wrote:

IMHO they must have something in mind for Infinity 2 customers at present we just don't know.

Personally I'd hold off for a while. How long is entirely up to you. I would hope for an announcement sometime in November at the latest but with BT who knows.

I know that Openreach has introduced a new 160Mb tier for FTTP which is the same top sync speed for G.fast. See below for a random adsl checker

Is this in preparation for Infinity 2 customers getting a free speed boost from BT?

Will Infinity 2 customers to far from the G.fast pod to benefit  be automatically be downgraded to Infinity 1?

Have FTTP Infinty 1 customers got the same speed boost as FTTC?

Plenty of questions but no answers yet.

111.PNG

You can't actually order the G.fast as the BT site just shows the adsl with no fibre available. I don't live in this post code but it seems daft to show the G.fast but you currently can't get it as a new customer.

0 Ratings
RKM
Contributor
Message 39 of 106

No speed increase for Infinty 2 customers. In fact, some may see a decrease due to increase in congestion from Infinty 1 customers taking more bandwidth. 😞

Infinity 2 customers get more BT Cloud storage. 1000GB, up from 500GB previously.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 106

It’s still in trial that’s why. So BT will be contacting existing customers which have it available to them.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings