cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geoffhailz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 101 of 106

Re: Speed jump

Just for information, they would NOT do this for me.   They said I would have to see out my contract, which has still got 10 months to run.   Although, with the price rises, presumably I could cancel it then and go elsewhere.  What will be interesting is if I cancel the Infinity 2 contract becuase of the price rise, and ask to be put on a new Infinity 1 one with BT

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 102 of 106

@Geoffhailz wrote:

Just for information, they would NOT do this for me.   They said I would have to see out my contract, which has still got 10 months to run.   Although, with the price rises, presumably I could cancel it then and go elsewhere.  What will be interesting is if I cancel the Infinity 2 contract becuase of the price rise, and ask to be put on a new Infinity 1 one with BT

you need a gap of at least 30 days not with BT before you could get infinity 1 at new customer deal after exercising your right to cancel

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
rjm7
Aspiring Contributor
Message 103 of 106

just out of curiosity, what is the theoretical maximum speed ADSL2 can achieve right now?

I have a Max Data Rate of 127 Mbit download and 30Mbit up obviously capped at 80/20

not too sure how far i am from the cabinet maybe 100 to 200 metres away

just interested as i'm more than happy with the connection and WiFi of the HomeHub6

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 104 of 106

adsl2 is based on distance from the exchnage whereas fibre is distance form cabinet  if you basically lived in the exchange then adsl2+ could give 24mb connection speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
rjm7
Aspiring Contributor
Message 105 of 106

my mistake i meant FFTC
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 106 of 106

VDSL2 in it's present form can provide 100Mbps symetrically within 300mts of the cabinet. The investment necessary to supply this though would be huge.

GFast, I believe will be supplied via VDSL2-Plus with a theoretical speed of 300/100.

0 Ratings