Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 16

Re: Speed not as expected?

@matekanevewrote:

... Especially for elderlies who have limited knowledge about technology...

Bit of a generalisation that. Better to have said "Especially for those who have limited knowledge about technology"

I feel I should report you to the authorities for age discrimination .Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

Seriously though you're not far wrong with that statement.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 16

@matekaneve wrote:

Especially for elderlies who have limited knowledge about technology...

Oh dear, yet another arrogant Millenial that thinks they have the monopoly in understanding technology!

matekaneve
Contributor
Message 13 of 16

Are you serious??!! I didn't want to start any argument and there's nothing negative in my comment I think! You don't seem to understand the point of my post... By elderlies I meant for instance my 85 years old grandfather who knows how to go online and check the weather and news, but if something went wrong wouldn't know how to fix it. I never intended to be rude or hurt your feelings by my comment but if you cannot interpret and see what's behind it, don't try to comment on it! And belive me im not a "Millenial" as you described... You would be very surprised... But if you think my comment is inappropriate don't hasitate to report it to the mods and they can remove it... By the way, sorry for the off topic!

ps: the person who posted above yours could maybe have a think as well before writing about "reporting somebody" and  "age discrimination"... 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 16

@matekaneve wrote:

Honestly, BT and Openreach should stop threatening people with all this £130 charge non-sense and start doing their job!!! It's absolutley ridiculous! People are having issues with their broadband/phone. Engineers should come out, have a look at it and say these are your options. It's free of charge or we can fix it for you, but it's 130 quid! Simple as that... This is their job... In this case maybe I should start charging my company as well coming in to work 2 hours early for a meeting that will be cancelled just before it starts... If they really want a call out charge be introduced than go for it and make it £30-£40, but in my opinion £130 is extremely steep... Especially for elderlies who have limited knowledge about technology...

ps: sorry for this, but it makes me soooooo annoyed...

It should be noted that BT do not "threaten" people with £130 charge.

Any person that requests an engineer to come out to look at a fault are advised that should a fault be found with the customers own equipment or the internal wiring of their property after the master socket they will be liable for a £130 charge.

In order to avoid any possibility of being charged the customer is advised to carry out some very simple basic checks to eliminate their own equipment of wiring. These tests are not difficult and should be able to be carried out by most people regardless of their age or technical ability.

If the fault has nothing to do with the customers equipment or internal wiring or if there is no fault found there is no charge. 

See link

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12439/~/engineer-charges

I would suggest that that is a better service than being charged an automatic call out fee and there after being billed for fixing a fault as you have suggested.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 16

@matekanevewrote:

ps: the person who posted above yours could maybe have a think as well before writing about "reporting somebody" and  "age discrimination"... 

Dear oh dear, were the 2 LOL emojis not a clue that it was a far from serious post?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
squidgey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 16

Oops, please delete mods, seems I can't. 

0 Ratings