cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Speed not returned after engineer visit for noise on line

Im wondering if anyone here can help me out please. I have bt fttc and im signed up on Fibre with Halo 1. On this what would be the maximum download speed that would be attainable. Im trying to work out if my line is banded. I had noise on the line about 12 months ago which was sorted by an engineer, I had a throughput of 36 prior to the noise and he said the speed would return after a while but did not get the dlm reset. Since then me speed has reduced somewhat and I have a maximum through put of approx 27Mbps. On Bt Wholesale performance checker out shows I can get  anywhere between 56 and 110.

I have a wired connection and no noise on a quiet line test

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Speed not returned after engineer visit for noise on line

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Screenshot 2020-05-29 at 15.05.26.png

Screenshot 2020-05-29 at 15.06.14.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Screenshot 2020-05-29 at 15.16.17.png

Speed test just completed 1518hrs 29/5/20

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

I seems to me that my line should be able to sustain higher speeds but the line to me seems as if it is still bade after  approx 12 months DLM has not relented.

Is there any chance on of the Mods could look at this for me please

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

if only the download speed was correct - obviously still problems with btspeedtester

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Hi, I accept that the tester is not right as said im getting anywhere from about 50ish to what is posted. my router is syncing at 50 , I used to get 36-37 before the noise but now its lower there is room for increase if DLM relented but after months it still holds a tight grip on it.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

So why is it that BT are so poor at customer relations. We pay our money every month for a **bleep** service and can't go elsewhere because the infrastructure is owned by BT, so the speed is no better if they concentrate on what was the core business and didn't bother with sport and put the millions they have spent on sport into the core business then maybe we would be on a par with most of the rest of  Europe and not stuck with a third world service.

All I and most other subscribers want is to get what we pay for and if there is an issue to be able to get it sorted not have obstacles put in our way in the form or its not us its Openreach, its the same damn company, for goodness sake look after the customer, without us you wouldn't exist.

Im not asking much just for someone to take ownership of my issue and Try to get it resolved. Maybe one of the Mods would be good enough to at least take a look at this for me.

Rant over. Thanks in anticipation

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

your problems are almost identical to mine.... hope you have more luck than i did.

i cant cancel either since there is no point cos BT owns all the infrastructure.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

So if the BT Wholesale speed test is new and so inaccurate why on earth had they put it into use. What other speed test would be considered relatively accurate.

0 Ratings