Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 26

Re: Speed reduction since package upgrade weeks ago

Go to solution

you need engineer visit as your connection speed and attainable speed are below the handback speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
AVRC
Contributor
Message 12 of 26

Go to solution

This is where I'm stuck. I spoke to BT and as mentioned in my first post they ran a line check and said there was no fault and then told me it was my wifi settings in the hub and to try separating the channels which I obviously know has nothing to do with this issue. I will try again today as they're supposed to me calling me but I'm not hopeful if it's the same person again.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 26

Go to solution

I think you just need to maintain you need engineer as your speed is lower than handback speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
AVRC
Contributor
Message 14 of 26

Go to solution

Well my call back time slot was today between 1pm and 3pm.... would have been nice if they had bothered to do that. 

Just tried another live chat and part way through they left the chat!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 26

Go to solution

This is getting nowhere. I have asked mods to see if they can help and get engineer visit. Mods will post here

0 Ratings
AVRC
Contributor
Message 16 of 26

Go to solution

Thank you and thank you for your help to date., it is appreciated.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 17 of 26

Go to solution

Hi @AVRC I'm really sorry to see you're having problems with your broadband service and haven't been contacted back as agreed. I've sent you a private message explaining how you can contact the moderation team and we'll be happy to help. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
AVRC
Contributor
Message 18 of 26

Go to solution

Thank you, I have replied.

0 Ratings
AVRC
Contributor
Message 19 of 26

Go to solution

I recieved a phone call last night to say a profile reset had been done and I'm glad to report that this has had an effect. Now up to 47Mbps, hopefully this will climb some more at least back up to the 55Mbps we used to have.

Is anyone able to tell me why the upload speed is always well below what we should be getting? I've only ever seen it reach 9Mbps in the past and this was briefly before it dropped to 7Mbps. The predicted upload was 14.6 to 20Mbps.

Screenshot 2019-01-16 at 4.23.37 AM.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 26

Go to solution

you are still below handback speed from dslchecker

do you still get noise on quiet line test?

0 Ratings