Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AVRC
Contributor
Message 21 of 26

Re: Speed reduction since package upgrade weeks ago

Go to solution

Quiet line test seems fine. A second or so of initial noise that never returns.

Hub reconnected again this morning at a slower speed so rather than increasing we are gradually decreasing.

Screenshot 2019-01-17 at 11.12.25 AM.png

0 Ratings
AVRC
Contributor
Message 22 of 26

Go to solution

Just an update before I'm called back tomorrow. I think it was John(?) who called me, if you see this first as you can see it's been sat at 47Mbps since the day you phoned me which is still under the guaranteed minimum speed and the downstream range shown in BT Broadband Availability Checker and the upstream is nowhere near the range. 

Quiet line test still seems fine. 

Screenshot 2019-01-20 at 2.45.33 PM.png

Screenshot 2019-01-20 at 2.49.43 PM.png

0 Ratings
AVRC
Contributor
Message 23 of 26

Go to solution

Just an update. Engineer coming on 23rd.

I notice on the broadband availability checker that it says FTTP available but then at the very botton it says it isn't. Any idea why that would be? I checked my BT account and it also says not available. 

0 Ratings
brookheather
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 26

Go to solution

The checker states FTTP on Demand is available - this means you can pay for FTTP to be installed though the cost can be tens of thousands.

0 Ratings
AVRC
Contributor
Message 25 of 26

Go to solution

Engineer has just left and we are all sorted. I won't pretend to understand the jargon but from what I gather he went down the road testing the pairs at each connection and found one to be faulty, he replaced that one and we're now connected at 64Mbps down and 20Mbps up. 

Screenshot 2019-01-23 at 12.25.31 PM.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 26 of 26

Go to solution

Hi @AVRC Thanks for taking the time to speak with me earlier and glad to here the engineer visit has resolved your speed issues.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings