Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boraman
Regular
Message 1 of 7

Speed stuck at 49Mbps for over 2 yearss

Go to solution

After a series of power cuts over 2 years ago, my download speed has since been stuck at 49Mbps.  I assumed that eventually it would revert to the 53+Mbps I was getting before but it has never changed.  The quiet line test is quiet, there are no extensions on the line and the speed is the same in the test socket with a filter.  The connection is superbly stable, never going down apart from the homehub resetting itself every 14 days on the dot.

The broadband availabilty checker and the hub information are as follows.  Is there any way of getting the line to go back to what it is capable of?

availability.jpgbthubtechical.jpg

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Speed stuck at 49Mbps for over 2 yearss

Go to solution

i have asked mods to see if that can help  they will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @boraman We will be happy to see what we can do to try and get your connection improved if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@boraman Thanks for speaking with me today, I'll follow up with you again next week to check if there's been an improvement. 

0 Ratings
boraman
Regular
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

After the intervention of NeilO, the download speed is now at 55Mbps, which is the  limit for the package I am on.  Success!  I am continually amazed by how knowledgeable the people on this forum are and how the forum moderators manage to always achieve what they say they will!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @boraman,

Thank you for posting back I'm happy @NeilO was able to help get your connection back up to speed.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@boraman That's great, I was happy that I could help Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings