cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Speed test detect my old provider

I have just received a new router from BT and set up today (Sat.12th Sep.) Now I believe I am with BT but the Speedtest app only detected my old provider, TalkTalk and the speed is slow. What should I do to solve this problem.

BT router's light is blue. 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Speed test detect my old provider

Switching providers doesn't happen on a weekend, my guess is your switch is Monday, check your order confirmation.
BT will send equipment before the switch, to avoid delays setting up, so if your hub arrived today it, your switch is not today.

BT will also send confirmation that the switch has happened and confirmed your connection is active, have you recieved that yet ?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Have you deleted TT network from you phones network list as that is probably the default from previous

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 10

No. I haven't. Old connection doesn't appear on my phone and I have checked the speed with my laptop as well.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 19.58.19.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Try this

https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

try phoning 150 with landline and do you get BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 10

Thank you.

I have checked the speed on the BT official site and found out my account hasn't been linked to BT.

I am still confused.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

@yukiwrote:

Thank you.

I have checked the speed on the BT official site and found out my account hasn't been linked to BT.

I am still confused.

You still haven't answered my original reply, in your emails, you will have a confirmation of the order, what date does that say you will join BT ?

Also, linking your account, have you created the BT ID ? you would of been sent an email with instructions on how to do it, if you were previously with BT before and have used the same email, this can cause multiple ID's, shouldn't be an issue if you use a different password though.

Go through your inbox, read the emails sent from BT, it has all you need to get started.

Message 9 of 10

If you use the phone line the broadband is delivered over and call ( as already suggested ) 150, if BT customer service answer ( or you get a BT announcement) then your line has been switched , if you don’t, then it hasn’t....and as already stated, it’s not the date the equipment arrives that is the migration date, but whatever date you were told in the acknowledgement of your order.
It seems strange that your Bat router would sync to a TT service, but if a speed test is reporting the ISP as TT, something is odd, are you connecting to the BT Hub ( in other words you have searched for its SSID and set that as he default ‘WiFi’ for whatever device you are using ?
Message 10 of 10

@iniltousNot strange at all. The broadband username and password aren't needed for authentication on the TalkTalk network when using a fibre connection. The authentication is provided by a tag inserted by the DSLAM equipment in the street cabinet. Just use any username and password, so the BT hub will connect.

There are 2 possibilities. Either the line transfer has not been actioned yet or the Talk Talk Tag has been left in.

0 Ratings