cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Speed test result differences between BT's checker and all other online checkers

I've just tried testing my broadband speed using BT's speedchecker. The results were as they should be: 151Mb download and 30Mb upload. But when, immediately afterwards, I did checks on the first 6 independent speed checkers to appear on Google I was consistently only getting between 50-60Mb download, but still 30Mb upload. When I then checked on the BT checker again the download speed was back up to 150Mb...

I only had my fibre broadband installed yesterday, and I know that it can take up to 10 days for the internet speeds to settle, but these results are a bit concerning.

Has anyone had a similar experience or know why there's such a big difference between BT's speed checker and all of the others? (Other than than the cynical view that BT are deliberately fudging their numbers which surely isn't the case!)

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Speed test result differences between BT's checker and all other online checkers

I have also been testing my speed as I have just changed my broadband to Fibre with Halo 1 with BT a few days ago. Tonight BT said I was getting 41mbs to my hub but the independent checkers said I was only getting 24mbs.

Like yourself I will wait a few more days as BT say that it takes about 10 days to find it's level after upgrading.

0 Ratings