cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 29

Re: Speed to hub 70mb speed to devices is 7mb

It is not only at peak times it is throughout the day and I have not streamed or downloaded from any torrents 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 29

Are you using pc/laptop connected by Ethernet direct to hub - no powerline adapter

have you turned off smart setup in hub manager?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 29

I am using laptop and i have tried it both directly to hub and through powerline adaptors and have same sort of speeds on everything 

who would I tern off smart hub setup?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 29

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub--how-can-i-turn-it-on-and-off-

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 29

Have you recently upgraded to fibre from adsl? It could be that the profile has been stuck at the adsl speed

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 29

@paul_fettes  That would be impossble.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 29

I would disconnect the powerline units and then check the speed I only say this because something similar happened to a relative of mine and it transpired that one of the powerline units had gone faulty and as a result his download speed was crippled,

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 29

@pippincp No it’s not, I have had this situation in the last month where a customer had 67M going into the router but only 9M on all devices tried with different routers and devices and all the same. The CP had the line still capped at the adsl speeds and just needed the profile changed

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 29

@imjollywrote:

Is the 7mb download speed when you are downloading a file from likes of steam or bit torrent

run btspeedtester and post results. Must be done with Ethernet connection

https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

Hi @Alistairjcooke1 ,

Can you post the results of the above test requested by @imjolly  remembering to remove your telephone number before posting.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 29

@paul_fettes wrote:

@pippincp No it’s not, I have had this situation in the last month where a customer had 67M going into the router but only 9M on all devices tried with different routers and devices and all the same. The CP had the line still capped at the adsl speeds and just needed the profile changed

don't remember that case on forum have you got a link?

0 Ratings