cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Speed upgrade on FTTP

When BT give you a BB speed upgrade starting on a particular day, when does the upgrade hit the router and is it necessary to have to reboot the router in order to receive the new higher download and upload speed? 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Speed upgrade on FTTP

It could take up to midnight on the day of upgrade. A reboot is not normally needeed.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

It still shows as fibre 250 bt halo 1 on the my bt app, so I imagine when this changes to show the upgrade that the speed will show likewise?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

I would expect so. You could always give the FTTP team a ring to find out what's happening. 0800 587 4787

Message 5 of 8

Thanks for that, called them and they reiterated what you have also said so I say thanks for that. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

On the app it says your new broadband and package contract was due to start on 5th November , so why would it take till midnight? 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

It can happen at any time during the day up to midnight.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Actually there's more to this, I'm glad that I called them as I've now been told that when the order went through the BT system it didn't pick up on the fact that I already had ONT, so in theory the order would have just gone round in a loop they tell me.

So to fix this they've informed me that they will need to cancel the order then put it through again and the girl will call me next week as she wanted to see this through.

0 Ratings