cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hasey66
Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Speeds down with BT Plus - Help Anybody?

Go to solution
I know that there are others in the same boat as me but it would appear that the activation of BT Plus would appear to have throttled back the download speeds.

I’m really frustrated about this and if possible would like somebody to look into for me – My BT Plus activation day was 30th may and I saw an immediate drop from 45 to about 38, down from a mx of 49 in February..

According to line tests I’m getting 41 into the house - I know this is just above my minimum speed but that’s not the point – it’s the principle that the speed has dropped on activation of a new contract – I’ve been told it’ll settle down back to previous levels but I’ve not seen anything of that – other than an increase in upload speed from about 8 to 9/10

Please don’t reply telling me DLM settle down and G.lnk will kick in.. I want some real help...

Conspiracy theory says that it’s a means of managing the network !

Any help will do !
0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Speeds down with BT Plus - Help Anybody?

Go to solution

can you post stats from your router please

enter your phone number and post results  rememeber delete number but leave exchange and cab number  http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

this will show estimated speed range and also help find type of street cabinet

you may not like the DLM/G.INP scenario but it is a fact  if you ahd a stable conenction prior to recontracting then you would have had G.INP active if Huawei cab which would have given your conenction speed a bit of an increase.  when you recontracted on to a different package this causes a line reset which in turn drops G.INP and the boost it provided.  once DLM settles and see your line is stable then G.INP will be activated and that will give you a speed boost and more than likey back to where you were  https://www.increasebroadbandspeed.co.uk/g.inp

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
hasey66
Contributor
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution
I don’t use HH only OR modem and my own router.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

unless modem unlocked then you can't get any stats which makes it difficult to see what is going on  can you get conenction speed, max attainable and noise margin?

what about dslchecker results?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
hasey66
Contributor
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

Interesting last test done on 30th May - activation day...

Capture bb.JPG

0 Ratings
hasey66
Contributor
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution
I've uploaded ADSL checker - i've got a stack of Speedtest data but just can't hold of that at the moment..if that helps
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

you are on an ECI cab so think G.INP is not cause.  can you post any stats about your connection from your router

0 Ratings
hasey66
Contributor
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution
Thanks - I can't post stats from router at present but later - what should i be looking for ?
0 Ratings
hasey66
Contributor
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution
Sorry what's the significance of an ECI Cabinet ?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

They don't support G.Inp.

0 Ratings