cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hasey66
Contributor
Message 11 of 19

Re: Speeds down with BT Plus - Help Anybody?

Go to solution
Oh great ! Wonderful !
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

You never had it before so it won't make any difference that you haven't got it now.

0 Ratings
hasey66
Contributor
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution
So Distinguished Sage - I understand physics and line speed degeneration and why I'm not firing at the top of the range but would be grateful for your enlightened thoughts and explanation as to what's happened and why I've had the reduction in speeds along with lots of others on this forum and whether I'm likely to get them back again ?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

as I said previously any connection information you can get from your router - connection speed, max attainable speed and noise margin + more if there is anymore

I am also on ECI so not the end of the world

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

The move to BT Plus resulted in a DLM reset to an open profile. Once DLM has figured out the best speed your line can support, it will apply the necessary options to achieve it. With an Huawei cabinet, one of those options would have been to apply G.Inp but that is not the case with ECI, however you didn't have G.Inp previously in any case. It can also apply interleaving which should improve your speed. It might decide your line is suitable for a 3dB noise margin rather than 6dB.  It might be that your line was previously running at a higher speed than it should have been but not enough for DLM to take action to reduce it but now DLM has started again from scratch it may set your speed lower. Give DLM time to take action, @stereohaven in the other thread you have posted on has seen his speed return to previous levels.

hasey66
Contributor
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

So I am very impatient - let it be said before we start..

This morning saw me rock in at 41 and just now 43 via Speedtest Net and BT Speedtest says 46 coming into the house.

Humble Pie eaten 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

Smiley HappySmiley Happy

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

@hasey66

smiley thumbs up.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JerryLee
Contributor
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

Hi

I have same issue - see my thread.

2 weeks, only interrupted connection when Openreach using test socket ... did not improve at all when left.  still 33 mbps was 45+ before the "upgrade"

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Why-would-quot-upgrade-quot-from-Infinity-1-to-Superf...

0 Ratings