cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mjconnolly
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Speeds dropped, can mods check profile?

My fibre broadband has been rock solid at 48mb down for months... Until just recently when it has dropped to 33mb with 6.7mb up. Can one of the mods such as @JohnC2 take a look or do I need to raise a support ticket? 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Speeds dropped, can mods check profile?

Can you post the stats from your hub/router

have you tried quiet line test to check for line noise. Dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone 

as your profile is based on your connection speed if your connection has reduced then profile would reduce accordingly. To get higher profile you need faster speed

have you been suffering drops in your connection? Often?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Mjconnolly
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Hi, here are the stats (I rebooted the router this afternoon to see if that improved things - it didn’t).

Product name:Smart Hub

Serial number:+088047+1825004357

Firmware version:v0.09.06.05093-BT

Firmware updated:Tue Dec 18 14:32:48 2018

Board version:01

DSL uptime:0 days,02 Hours08 Mins57 Secs

Data rate:6.845 Mbps / 39.998 Mbps

Maximum data rate:6.845 Mbps / 64.711 Mbps

Noise margin:5.8 / 18.5

Line attenuation:33.7 / 23.2

Signal attenuation:22.4 / 21.6

A quiet line test seemed fine. Looking back at the event log, there have been 8 disconnections in November, 6 in October, and 8 in September, and they were nearly all in the early hours of the morning - between 1am and 4am - so I never noticed. The profile was knocked down to 44mb on the 7th of November, and then 40mb on the 12th of November, and it’s stayed there since.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

All the drops and manual resets of the connection have resulted in your connection ending up in a banded profile. If your connection continues to drop then speed will drop even further and noise margin get  higher

have you tried connecting to the test socket with a filter to see if that improves your line stability by eliminating your internal wiring and the faceplate

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Mjconnolly
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

The router is already connected to the master socket, which is the latest Openreach model (fitted in March). I have only manually disconnected once. I’ll raise a ticket.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Trying test socket even if you have a filtered master socket should be tried to ensure problem on on your side of test socket and you get charged £85 for engineer callout

Your connection has dropped more than 1 reset check your hub logs  filter to WAN

0 Ratings
Mjconnolly
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Yeah, I’ll give that a whirl in the morning. I always filter the log to WAN anyway.

0 Ratings