cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Speeds dropping to 4mbs every evening.

Every night are speed goes from 40mbs to 5mbs.  This been going to for few weeks now.  Every single night.   Bt not doing a great deal about it.   So looks like I'm going bk to sky. 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Speeds dropping to 4mbs every evening.

Is it just the throughput speed dropping or the sync speed?

If it’s the throughput I’d imagine it’ll be congestion on the Backhaul. Usually Wholesale are aware of these problems before most customers notice and will start to work on a fix.

Have you checked with BT for any known issues in the area?

Message 3 of 7

Yeah told bt weeks ago. Said they would have it fixed by today. If not I can change provider.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Maybe move to an LLU Provider as they use their own Backhaul, not BT Wholesales.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

It's very rare for BTWholesale not to be on top of congestion. They normally get it sorted PDQ. I wonder if a mod could look into it for you?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Thanks @pippincp & @Starwire for the guidance here,

@Dawnearl203 Welcome and thanks for your post.  Sorry for the slow speeds you're seeing in the evening time.  If your connection speed (sync) remains consistent during peak times but the speed you're seeing doing speed tests wired (throughput) is lower then there may potentially be a congestion issue.

The congestion is normally monitored with an estimated fix in place.  I can check if that's the case for you.  If it turns out that the VLAN you're connected to is over-utilised, I can see about regrading you to one that's less congested (if available) to alleviate the throughput issue.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Thanks for dropping in @RobbieMac .