Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 23

Re: Speeds halved since migration to new closer cabinet

Go to solution

It might possibly be the misconfigured port that is confusing the speedtester, your records think you are 55/10 but the DSLAM is configured for 40/2 and the speedtester further diagnostics can't make sense of it.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 23

Go to solution

Are you doing the speed test with Ethernet or wireless connection?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 23

Go to solution

@KyleMac Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, I'm really sorry to see you've been having broadband speed problems since the cabinet migration. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team and we'll be happy to help.

@licquorice cheers for highlighting this thread Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 23

Go to solution

Hi @KyleMac  thanks for sending over your details and you were on the 40/2 profile. I've placed the order to change this over to the 55/10 profile and this will complete at some stage tomorrow. Please monitor connection and post back to let me know how your connection performs after the order is completed.

Cheers
John 

0 Ratings
KyleMac
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 23

Go to solution

@JohnC2 Unfortunately the problem persists. We're now syncing at 41/10 but actual speeds are still about 8/0.25 which is a downgrade from the 15/1 achieveable from the old cabinet. The further diagnostics test still gives an error message.

btstats3.png

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 23

Go to solution

Hi @KyleMac  thanks for the update. I called earlier but you were not available. I just wanted to check what Hub are you using? The order to complete the profile change has completed but the speeds you are getting are very slow. Post back and let me know and when is the best time to call you.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
KyleMac
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 23

Go to solution

@JohnC2 I'm still using an HG612, I don't think I have any Home Hubs around. After 5pm is the best time to call.

0 Ratings
KyleMac
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 23

Go to solution

@JohnC2 I searched after your call and can't find the HH but the newer Smarthub is only £42 new on Amazon or £15 used. Would that do the job at this stage?

If the HG612 is the problem then long term I'd be expecting to buy a new £100+ standalone modem anyway.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 19 of 23

Go to solution

Why pay £42 when you can get a used one at £15 if you are going to get a decent 3rd party one later?

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 23

Go to solution

Hi @KyleMac  thanks for posting back. You can get the second hand one if you wish but as I said as you are out of contract you could get the account holder to contact sales and take a new deal which would most likely save you money and I can arrange a hub for you. 

Cheers
John

0 Ratings