cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Speeds slowing month by month

I signed up with BT in January thinking I may as well go to the source if I want the fastest most reliable service ,but it seems I was wrong , I started on 51 and I've done a week by week check on speed test and its dropped every week I'm now on 5 , this is a bit of a joke considering I'm paying a premium for BT , I'm currently trying to get through to customer service but thanks to the climate that's a bit tricky,

Anyone have any suggestions of things I can try

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Speeds slowing month by month

Check for noise on your line 17070 option 2 it should be silent and best with corded phone.

Post hub connection stats from Advanced settings/technical log/info.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Didnt manage to get as far as your requests,  I plugged a phone into the land line (which we never use) tested speed and was the same then tried something someone told me to try and called my landline, boom sorted well for a few days then it slowed again, what could be the cause I've never had it with our other isp,s

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

if you connect you phone to the test socket do you get a dial tone?  if so dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

sounds like you may have a high resistance joint on your line and just getting a call temporarily improves the connection.  if continues you are going to have to phone 151 and report phone fault

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings