cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Speedtest.net app on iphone/iPad

This is weird. I use this app a lot to check my download speed. Always shows 35 mbits down everytime I use it which is completely in line with expectation. But last couple of days my preferred server of fluid data Hemel Hempstead download speed just collapses to less than 5 but occasionally will give the 35 mbits. The same happens with structured communications. Other than these two servers every other one works great. Even if I choose very far afield servers the download is great. So I thought fine, those servers are just a bit dodgy at mo but if I switch wifi off my phone and test fluid data server on the app using 4G mobile network then the download speed is always consistent 20 mbits. In other words as soon as I use my infinity it has the potential to be lousy. This is very strange, are BT to blame or is it still these servers being lousy - maybe restricting bandwidth to residential or something?

Thanks
Wayne
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Speedtest.net app on iphone/iPad

I don't understand what you mean "In other words as soon as I use my infinity it has the potential to be lousy"

If everything works as expected and you are getting the speeds you would expect other than when you run the speed test on these two sites I would say it's a problem with them and not your Infinity. 

0 Ratings
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

It's odd. It is just that, those two servers only go to pot when I use my own broadband. They perform fine under 4G. But it is only these two playing up. I wonder if others use the speedtest.net app on their iPhones or iPads and whether they see the same inconsistencies.

Everything seems fine speed wise other than this issue. I guess it's not too important but it's annoying all the same

Cheers
Wayne
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 5

The routing will be different over 4G and Infinity.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

I guess I should accept that it is an issue then at the fluid data server end.

Thanks guys
0 Ratings