cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pete_1234
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Stale Session 6

Can anyone tell me what running a stale session 6 actually means?  I rang BT regarding some of our issues with slow speeds, buffering problems, high ping times, and the lady on the telephone said she would run a stale session six.  I asked her what this meant, and she said that it was something they did in order to clear my line to the exchange and it would make sure my problems never came back again?  

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
maxl
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Re: Stale Session 6

Hi

I spoke to BT Broadband and Technical Helpdesk in India last night and asked them about this.  Apparently the change is called 'Stale Session Fix' and not 'Stale Session 6'.  However apparently testing has to provide certain results before they are permitted to make this change.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 3 of 4

Which will do precisely nothing.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Pete_1234
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Apparently, according to customer services, what they said that this would absolutely solve all my problems and I would never have a problem again.

I rang back tonight because things are still problematic.  The person of the phone told me that because I am using a 2.4Ghz connection they needed to send me some new ethernet cable, and this would solve my problem.  I really wish I was making this up.   When I challenged them, they told me it was a technical issue.

When I asked them to explain this, they really couldn't, and in the end, they refused to book an engineer to visit, even though we keep having problems, and even though I kept asking for this.  The solution was that they would absolutely solve all my problems by booking a call back from a manager in two days time. 

0 Ratings